View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 07:45 AM
johntekin johntekin ثeu
ZEOhead

Talking My new "Texas 210 Gallon"

Good morning.

I have had my tank up and running exactly 7 days. Here is the info on such:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter --- 245 gallons
2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) - US gallons / UK gallons / liter --- +/-220 gallons
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique --- 2-part (not in use yet)
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) --- No
5. Are you using Ozone --- No
6. Are you using UV --- No
7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) --- KZ Revolution S
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels --- Test kit arrives tomorrow
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels --- Have not tested yet (new tank)
10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) --- None
11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) --- 2 Kessil AP700's (running at 80%, 12 hours a day)
12. What corals do you keep --- None yet, but planning on SPS
13. Tissue color (light or dark) --- N/A
14. How long has the tank been running --- 7 days
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system --- Had great results 10 years ago (but then the kids came and the tank had to go )
16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) --- None
17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) --- 100 pounds live rock from local fish store
18. Any present problems --- I am just starting to have a brown algae bloom on rocks and sand, also a little green hair algae...
19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) --- I am thinking it is a diatom bloom
20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) --- Test kit arriving tomorrow, will post results.
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) --- 2 bags ZEOvit in 3 liter Vertex reactor, 8 drops ZEObak (1 time per day), 8 drops Sponge Power (1 time per day) and 1ml ZEOstart (two times per day)
22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) --- Temp is between 80 and 81 degrees Fahrenheit. I have ordered a couple fans to get this down to 79. They come tomorrow.
23. Which salt brand do you use --- Red Sean Salt (blue bucket)

I wanted to check if there was anything I should change, and if the current diatom/brown algae bloom was 'normal' for this point in the process. Do I need to brush it off the rocks?

Thanks for your time!