zeovit.com (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion - English (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Power outage at the start of the cycle (http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36705)

mmckenna1029 10-31-2017 11:22 AM

Power outage at the start of the cycle
So Sunday I started up the 14 day cycle with a full restart on my 60 gallon system. The initial doses were put in mid evening. At approximately 1:30am Monday morning we lost power and have been out since then. The temp has not dropped below 68 degrees but I fear it could drop more if we don't get power back soon. House ambient is around 65 and outdoor ambient is running mid 50s.

Will this kill the initial doses? Should I start the 14 day over again with the initial doses after the power is back up? My concern is more lack of oxygen due to still water than temp but I'm just guessing. Also, is there any concern for the ZEO rocks?

My plan now is to assume everything will be okay and just start up the day 4 dosing when power returns.

And yes, I will be buying a generator...

Thanks for your input,

FraysReef 10-31-2017 11:48 AM

Hi there first of all Welcome to Zeovit.
I would advise to carry on where you left off and see how the system goes maybe delay the stocking by a few days, check your parameters once its back up and running. If its all stable go ahead with guidelines for stocking.
best of luck keep us updated. I messed the 14-day cycle up and its just delayed my system alot nothing too bad though everything is fixable in this method.

G.Alexander 11-01-2017 12:18 AM

Most important think is water movement. If power is back just continue as planned.


mmckenna1029 11-01-2017 01:11 PM

Power is back on after 3 days. Temp in tank got down to 60* so I am going to bring it back up slowly then continue on with the cycle. Thanks for the input.

FraysReef 11-06-2017 05:59 AM

Glad to hear power is back on proceed with the cycle as planned let's see how it gets on, maybe worth posting the parameters on here in few days for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna1029 11-09-2017 09:58 PM


I will definitely do that. I am out of town for the next two days but i will do a full round of testing on Sunday, which will be day 15, and then post. I have a number of corals in QT waiting to go in the display but I didn't want to transfer until back from this trip so I could monitor closely.


mmckenna1029 11-12-2017 04:03 PM

rather than continue this i will post parameters in current rebuild thread



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7, Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by ZeoVit.com